« Back to communities Kempner, Texas
The City of Kempner was founded in 1882 and was named after Harris Kempner, a Texas philanthropist, banker and railroad magnate. Kempner was incorporated in 1997; and one thing remains consistent since incorporation, to uphold the traditional values of rural living and family values.
The City of Kempner is located off US Highway 190 and is in southeast Lampasas County. Kempner residents enjoy the benefits of rural living and near by access to amenities in larger cities. The City is located 12 miles east of Lampasas, where US Highways 183, 190 and 281 intersect, 16 miles west of Fort Hood and 70 miles northwest of Austin.
As part of the City of Kempner’s vision, the City is open to responsible economic development that is a benefit to the citizens of the community. The family atmosphere in Kempner makes it the perfect place for a start up business.