New development proposed for Hamilton Pool Road/Grumbles tract
A plan for a new neighborhood just off Hamilton Pool Road is under review by the city of Bee Cave, City Manager Travis Askey confirmed. The project documents, including a planned development agreement between Grumbles Development LP and the owners of a 128-acre tract off Hamilton Pool Road—Donna L. Grumbles, Dudley Richard Grumbles, Michelle H. Grumbles and Carolyn Jean Grumbles—were filed July 20 for a subdivision labeled Signal Hills Estates.
According to the filing, the project will feature:
- 61 single-family lots and an additional 34 lots proposed for the site’s perimeter;
- at least 1 acre of size per lot;
- 40-foot setbacks for lots that abut the Bee Caves West subdivision;
- 75-foot setbacks for lots that adjoin Hamilton Pool Road;
- all homes to front interior roadways;
- no lots with access to Hamilton Pool Road; and
The application for a development agreement is still under review, but the city anticipates the item will be included on a City Council agenda in August, Askey said. The Bee Cave Planning and Zoning Commission is not required to review the project, and a public hearing on the proposal is not mandated, either, he said.
The project is located within the Little Barton Creek Watershed.
At the request of the tract’s owner, Richard Grumbles, the city of Bee Cave approved beginning proceedings to annex the property July 25. Two public hearings on the property’s annexation are scheduled for Aug. 8 and 22, with annexation adoption set for Sept. 12.