Road and lane closures announced in San Marcos, Kyle & South Austin, June 9-16
The Texas Department of Transportation and city of San Marcos have released a list of lane closures for the weekend. Keep these in mind when planning your commute the next few days. The following lane closures are valid June 9-16.
Aquarena Springs Drive
• One westbound lane closed between Laurel Street and Charles Austin Drive from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Monday. Closure may continue east- or westbound Tuesday and Wednesday if needed.
• All eastbound lanes closed between Charles Austin Drive and Laurel Street from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Friday. Traffic will detour via Charles Austin Drive and Thorp Lane.
• Various lane closures from N. LBJ to Aquarena Springs Drive will run through January 2018 for road construction.
• Reduced to one lane each direction between FM 2770 and I-35 from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday nights.
• Shoulder closures in both directions between FM 2770 and I-35 from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Reduced to one northbound lane between Woodland Avenue and Holly Street from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. Monday and Tuesday nights. The Riverside Drive and Holly exits (No. 233 and 234A) and following entrance ramp will be closed Monday night.
• The southbound inside lane will be closed in both directions between 290/71 Ben White Freeway and Slaughter Lane Monday through Thursday nights. Northbound closures will run 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. and southbound from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. nightly.